Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

art and photography

It was about a year or so ago that I stopped taking photographs and uploading them to Flickr. It doesn't matter why I stopped, I just did. That has been discussed elsewhere in more detail. I feel now that it might be time to start taking pictures again, although I have a huge backlog of film to get through and images on disk that I want to publish. I wont be using Flickr though, and any pictures I do publish will most likely be here on this site. Personal blogs are a form of vanity publishing, and this certainly falls into that category. If it's for vanity sake then I might as well enjoy it, so anything that will be published here will most likely be very personal and only on here because I want to see it here. If you don't like anything please feel free to comment but don't stay on my account.

I also have a lot of illustration to do for the book, so some of that might be leaking through to here from time to time, but it's going to be a long job drawing pretty much every street in Bristol (or it seems like that). That's Connor by the way, my son, in the doorway of the building that we called "The Roundhouse" back when we were kids. It is an old toll house that Bristol City Council has turned into a home for previously homeless people. At least I think that's what it is. Whatever.